Jack Cohen Award
This award was established in 2017 to honor Jack Cohen, one of the original members of AARDA. Jack was very active in the industry and in AARDA, right from the date the association was founded back in 1988. Jack passed away in 2017 and this award has been established to commemorate his involvement and support of AARDA.
The fund is available to the children of employees of Direct Members. It is for pursuit of post-secondary schooling, apprenticeship opportunities, or training in their selected field.
Deadline For Applying: April 30 of the application year
To apply for the award, it will be necessary for the applicant to complete the following forms as directed and to follow the steps in the application process.
Applicants can Fill in and submit the online form found below or print it off and mail the form to:
Jack Cohen Award
- Plan to pursue a full-time post secondary program in an accredited college, university or school providing trade, business or technical programs, or enroll in a recognized apprentice or training program.
- A parent/guardian of the applicant must be a current employee of a Direct Member of the Alberta Automotive Recyclers And Dismantlers Association (AARDA) with a hire date at least one year prior to April 30 of the application year. Children of owners or those owning stock in the business are ineligible.
Preference will be given to first-time applicants.
The following information and materials are to be sent to the AARDA Office.
- Obtain a letter of verification from your parent/guardian’s employer, who is a Direct Member of AARDA, verifying current employment and the date of hire.
- Complete the Online Application Form and Profile Sheet. Application information is confidential and will be read and evaluated only by the AARDA Award Committee.
- Submit the Online Application Form and Profile Sheet no later than April 30 of the application year. You can also print the form and submit via regular mail, again no later than April 30.