TAPPET COVER RACES SEP 23, 2017 AT THE AGM
When: September 23, 2017
A.A.R.D.A. Tappet Cover Racing Rules
- This is a fun event. Any person found to be taking it too seriously will be soundly ridiculed.
- Any constructor who enters a protest will be automatically disqualified. Oh, that’s a bit harsh. Okay, they’ll be given a stern talking to, asked to smile more and lighten up a bit.
- Cars shall be based on an actual rocker cover (valve cover) from a car engine. There shall be no limitation on engine make, model, cylinder configuration, or displacement.
- Cars must retain at least 75% of the original rocker cover.
- Cars must not have any form of mechanical propulsion or steering. Gravity is your friend.
- Cars must weigh no more than 4 kg.
- Cars overall length shall be no more than 60cm. (Note: The staging lane is only 60cm long.)
- Cars must have 4 wheels, each no greater than 15 centimetres in diameter.
- The course shall consist of two divided lanes, approximately 50cm wide. With a track length of approximately 6m.
- Cars will be run in heats of 2 cars each. The first car to have its front wheels cross the finish line shall be declared the winner. If neither car makes it to the finish line, the car going farthest shall be declared the winner.
- Winning cars will advance to the next round until all are eliminated – except one champion!
- While the judges’ decision is final, all bribes will be gratefully accepted.
- Constructors wishing to wear racing clothes, fireproof overalls, helmets, etc., do so at their own risk of being laughed at.
- Downforce wings, spoilers, air dams, etc. are all permitted. They probably won’t do any good, but we will all get a good chuckle out of them.
- Sponsorship logos, racing stickers and car names are all encouraged.
- There are no more rules. So get cracking, but above all, have fun!
SUBMIT YOUR CAR REGISTRATION TO: [email protected]
include the yard name, number of cars, name of each car
SEE YOU AT THE RACES!